Officially in May 2020, windows introduced the Malicious Software Removal Tool (MRT) as a standalone application in their updates. Now, with their operating systems, they have MRT preinstalled in it.
In this article, you will learn about: How to Use Malicious Software Removal Tool (MRT) in Windows?
What is Malcious Software Removal Tool (MRT)?
MRT is an standlone application is offered Microsoft to remove any infected Sofrwares whch are causing Malcious behavior on the system. This software completely stops running malcious fotware and help you to remove them from the working system.
Below are the essential points about MRT:
- Malicious Software Removal Tools removes only Running Infected Softwares. If the Malicious Software is it stopped status, it won’t detect that software neither removes it.
- Malicious Software Removal Tool is only effective post-infection of any Malicious Software on the system.
- If you are not having Malicious Software Removal Tool installed on your Windows server or desktop system, you can download it from:
How to use Malicious Software Removal Tool (MRT)?
1. Login to Windows Server → Search and Open “MRT” as Administrator.
2. On the first step, you will get a basic introduction of MRT and its documentation link → Click “Next“.
3. On the second step, you need to select one of the options from the following → Click on “Next“.
Quick scan: Scans areas of the system most likely to contain malicious software.
Full scan: Scans the entire system. This can take up to several hours on some computers depending upon file numbers.
Customized scan: Scans the user-specified folder on demand.
4. Malicious Software Removal Tool (MRT) will initiate scanning of malicious software.
5. You can click on “View result of the scan” to check out the result or click on “Finish“.