You can set up a personal proxy server and can use it for many purposes. This article will set up the proxy setup with the squid proxy on the windows server. Let us learn, How To Setup and Configure a Squid Proxy in Windows Server?
Download & Install Squid Proxy
Download the Squid Proxy Installer from the following URL:
1. Open installer → Click on Next.
2. Agree to the Terms and Conditions by checking the box → Click on Next.
3. Specify installation directory for Squid proxy → Click on Next.
4. Squid proxy is ready for the installation; to start the installation, click on Install.
5. Congratulations! You have successfully installed Squid Proxy Server on the windows server.
Allow Squid Port Through Firewall
Local network usage 3128 TCP port to connect through Squid Proxy. Let us first, allow the 3128 TCP port in the firewall → Inbound Rules.
1. Log in to Windows Server → Start → Administrative Tools → Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
2. Navigate to Windows Firewall with Advanced Security → Inbound Rules.
3. To create new rule, Click on “New Rule“.
4. In Rule Type, select Port → Click on Next.
5. Protocol and Ports → Select TCP → Select Specific Port → Enter Port Number 3128 → Click on Next.
6. Action, select “Allow the connection” → Click on Next.
7. In the Profile tab, you need to select the below options and click “Next“, Domain: This applies to when the computer connected to the corporate domain. Private: This applies to when the computer connected to the private network. Public: This applies to when the computer connected to the public network.
7. In the Name section, you need to specify Name for your Custom Rule → Finish.
In the article, we went through how to setup and configure a Squid Proxy in Windows Server. After installation and the configuration, you should be able to use the server as a proxy from the local computer
Hyonix was founded in early 2018, as we believed the current pricing of Windows VPS was far too overpriced for most consumers. This makes it nonuser and budget-friendly for many people around the world. Our main goal is to change that – providing powerful licensed Windows VPS at a reasonable price so that everyone can grab one without thinking twice about the performance/price that you will get. Get yourself fully optimized Windows VPS starting @ $6.5/mo from Hyonix.com.