If you want to auto-renew your service, there are 3 ways: Credit/Debit card, Paypal, Hyonix credit.
Step 1: Go to Billing -> Manage Credit cards -> Add new Cards
Step 2: Add your card info
As a side note, we only accept Mastercard, Visa, Amex, Union, JCB cards.
Also, you will be required to pass a fraud check system from Stripe. We would highly recommend the following:
- Use your own house IP to complete the transaction.
- Do not use virtual pre-paid cards.
- Use the correct billing information that matches your card information.
Step 3: Go to Account -> Setting -> Change payment method to Credit/Debit card -> Save Changes
Our system will auto charge your card to renew your service from the next billing cycle.
Please note that if you have any unpaid invoices (different payment methods other than Credit/Debit cards) before setting up the automatic payment via your card. You will need to manually pay them because our system may only auto renew for the invoices that are generated after setting up the automatic payment via your card.
Paypal Billing Agreement
Step 1: Go to your left menu on our website, click Billing, click Manage Paypal, click Set up Billing Agreement
Step 2: Login to your Paypal account
Step 3: Click Agree & Continue. You have successfully registered Paypal Billing Agreement
Step 4: Go to Account -> Setting -> Change Payment method to Paypal -> Save Changes
Our system will auto charge your Paypal to renew your service from the next billing cycle.
Please note that if you have any unpaid invoices (different payment methods other than Paypal) before setting up Paypal Billing Agreement. You will need to manually pay them because our system may only auto renew for the invoices that are generated after setting up the Paypal Billing Agreement.
How to solve error (if any) when setting up Paypal Billing Agreement
If you are setting up a PayPal billing agreement, and you are getting the error message “Sorry, we weren’t able to authorize your card. Please choose another way to pay“, there are a few things you can try:
- Check your card information. Make sure that the card number, expiration date, and CVV code are all correct.
- Try a different card. If you have another debit or credit card, try using that one instead.
- Contact your bank. If you’ve tried multiple cards and you’re still getting the error, contact your bank to make sure there’s no issue with your account.
- Verify your PayPal account. If you haven’t yet verified your PayPal account, do so now. This can help to reduce the risk of fraud and make it more likely that your payments will be authorized. Please follow this link on how to verify your Paypal account: link
- Contact PayPal support. If you’ve tried all of the above and you’re still getting the error, contact PayPal support for assistance.
Here are some additional tips:
- Make sure that your card is enabled for recurring payments: you can contact your bank or debit/credit card issuer. They will be able to tell you if your card is eligible for recurring payments and how to enable them if they are not already enabled.
- Check if there are any daily or weekly spending limits on your card.
- Try using a different browser or device.
- Clear your browser’s cookies and cache.
Step 1: Please go to Billing -> Add fund. You can enter the amount that you want to add to your account balance and choose your prefered payment method that you want to pay -> Add fund
Once the payment is complete, our system will automatically add Hyonix credit to your account balance.
As a side note, the account balance will only apply to your renewal invoice automatically if you add before when the renewal invoice is generated. If you added account balance after the renewal invoice is generated, you will need to go to the renewal invoice and apply Hyonix credit to your renewal invoice manually: https://howto.hyonix.com/article/how-to-manually-apply-hyonix-credit-to-pay-an-invoice/