Windows VPS takes the timezone of the server automatically as per the Server Location. If you want to perform any automatic task at a different timezone or if you want to configure the timezone of the server the same as the local timezone then you might found this article very useful.
In this article, you will learn about, How to change the default Time Zone of Windows VPS / Server?
1. Login to Windows VPS / Server → Open Setting.
2. Navigate to “Time & language“.
3. Uncheck “Set time zone automatically” and select the preferred timezone from the timezone dropdown.
In Hyper-V virtualization, you need to disable Hyper-V Time Synchronization Service to prevent made custom changes in the server, or else in the next reboot timezone of the clock will be reset as per the server location. To do that follow the below steps,
1. Login to Windows Server → search and open “services.msc“.
2. Search and navigate to “Hyper-V Time Synchronization Service “.
3. Right-click on the service → Click on Properties.
4. In-service status you might see the status as “Running“, first stop the service by clicking on “Stop“.
5. Now we need to permanently disable the service, to do that select “Disabled” from the “Startup Types” dropdown.
6. Now click on Apply → Ok to save changes.