Earlier, we have covered two options to backup your data, i.e., Duplicati and Veeam. Among the both, if you are looking for the most simplistic way to backup windows server data, you can consider Windows Server Backup, which is inbuilt in the Windows Servers. Let us explore how to backup windows server data with Windows Server Backup?
1. Login to Windows Server and open Windows Server Backup.
2. To create scheduled backup → Click on Backup Schedule.
3. Getting Started interface will provide you with the steps you will need to perform in configuring the backup → Click on Next.
4. Now, you need to decide whether you would like to back up the complete system or the custom selective files or directories; for this article, we will go with Custom, and you can go with the Full server option as well → Click on Next.
5. Select backup items, click on Add Items and select the files or directories to backup.
6. Next, configure the backup schedule → Click on Next.
7. Select the Backup Destination from the following available options,
Backup to a hard disk, Backup to a volume, Backup to a shared network.
For this article, we are going with the Volume option, and later in this article, we will select the appropriate volume for the backup.
8. To select the Volume → Click on Add → Select the Volume/Drive → Click on Next.
9. Confirmation, at this step you will get the information about things which will get configured in the Windows Server Backup → Click on Finish.
10. Congraulations! You have sucessfully configured backup with Windows Server Backup.
In the article, we went through how to backup windows server data with Windows Server Backup. This is the best approach if you want to save the backups in the network or local volumes.
Hyonix was founded in early 2018, as we believed the current pricing of Windows VPS was far too overpriced for most consumers. This makes it nonuser and budget-friendly for many people around the world. Our main goal is to change that – providing powerful licensed Windows VPS at a reasonable price so that everyone can grab one without thinking twice about the performance/price that you will get. Get yourself fully optimized Windows VPS starting @ $6.5/mo from Hyonix.com.